Have leftover chicken? Then these easy lasagna rolls in an easy and rich alfredo sauce are perfect!
Got Leftover Chicken? Make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls!
I bet everyone does have leftover chicken and often too.
Since I eat a lot of chicken, I have almost constant leftovers. As a rule, I don’t care for chicken when it’s reheated, especially roast chicken for some reason. But I often get tired of my usual chicken salad for what I have left, so I’m always trying to think of new ways to use what I have.
Now That Box Of Lasagna…
Does anyone ever use the entire box of lasagna? Most people I know use nine noodles. I’m extravagant and use 12, but I still have orphans that remain in the box.
These rolls are an excellent way to use those orphaned noodles. You may only have 3-4 noodles, but that will probably be enough to serve 4 regular appetites or 2 large ones.
The filling will be enough to fill 6 noodle rolls. At least that’s what I got out of it and I did have an unopened box of lasagna in the pantry so I was able to make more. However, if you only have your orphans, you can reduce the filling recipe by half.
Alfredo Sauce–Rich But Easy
If you don’t want to fuss or buy the ingredients if you don’t have them, then you can use a jar of commercial Alfredo sauce. It makes the whole meal easier, but I will say that I haven’t found a commercial sauce that I’ve liked, so I make my own.
All it takes is cream, milk, Parmesan cheese and egg yolks. The sauce is actually a custard. I give my recipe in the recipe card and the best thing about that recipe, besides tasting awesome, is that it keeps well. I’ve kept it in the coldest part of my fridge for close to a month. You may have to thin it with some additional milk for it’s second use.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups finely shredded white meal chicken
- 2 cups baby spinach shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- extra Parmesan cheese
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup s White Milk
- 1 1/2 cup s Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup s Imported Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup s Imported Romano Cheese, grated
- 6 Egg yolks fresh jumbo eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 11 x 7-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, chicken garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Fold in the cheeses and shredded spinach; blend well
- Divide chicken mixture into 6 equal portions. Spread onto lasagna noodles and roll up. Place in pan seam side down in prepared pan.
- Pour about 1 cup of the Alfredo sauce over the rolls and sprinkle with some extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and sauce is bubbly.
- Alfredo Sauce:
- Heat the milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to a simmer.
- Slowly whip in all the cheese, then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture.
- (This will increase the temperature of the egg yolks which is called tempering).
- Season to taste with the salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Refrigerate until needed.