|Smoked Sausage & Cheesy Rice|
This tasty smoked sausage skillet dinner is a complete meal cooked in one pan. Quick, easy and totally delish.
A member shared this off a recipe page called “Janet’s Appalachian Kitchen.” This lady doesn’t have a website, just a Facebook page where she shares her wonderful recipes, otherwise I’d give a link, but she’s easy to find if you want to follow her page.
|Tasty, tasty, tasty!|
I love all the ingredients in this. I had kielbasa and used that in place of the smoked sausage. I can’t really tell the difference between the two to be honest. I also used fresh broccoli and had some frozen diced red bell peppers in the freezer. I did buy the extra-sharp shredded cheddar as Janet specified just that in the recipe–and with good reason. It makes it taste so much better than just regular sharp.
This was just so good, I couldn’t stop eating it!! You can’t ask for more than something abundantly tasty and so easy to make.
This is a wonderful way to use leftover rice too!
Watch The Video
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 lb smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil till butter sizzles.
- Add the slice smoked sausage and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is tender and sausage begins to brown.
- Add the red bell pepper and broccoli. Cover, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, garlic powder and onion salt. Combine well, cover and heat until rice is hot.
- Add the shredded cheese and remove from heat. Stir in cheese until it’s melted.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum