This Caesar chicken is so easy, it will surprise you how delicious it is.
Simple Ingredients Yet Great Taste
This is another one of those meals where I am amazed how great it tastes using less than five ingredients.
When I saw this on Becky’s blog, The Cookie Rookie, I just had to make it! This recipe had all the elements I look for–easy, quick, delicious–and did I mention EASY???
In fact, it can be so easy that you only need three ingredients.
Add-Ons Make It Better
Basically all you need to make this caesar chicken is the chicken and caesar dressing. I would imagine the grated cheese adds more flavor, but in a pinch it could be left out. In fact, I reduced the amount originally called for by a third. That was because I was going to make another addition cheese-wise.
However, I used Becky’s suggestions to enhance the flavor of the gravy by using either sour cream or mayonnaise. I used the sour cream, and I used the cheese.
Also, the week I made this, boneless skinless thighs were on sale for a ridiculously low price at one of my local stores, so I used thighs instead of breasts. I did this mainly to eliminate using the meat mallet to even out the thickness in the breasts. Thighs are very uniform in thickness, plus they are a bit more flavorful than breast meat (at least to me).
One Final Addition
One extra thing I did add was more cheese.
Since you have to pop this under the broiler to get that lovely crispness on the top, I thought some shredded parmesan would be a great addition. First you get more depth of flavor and secondly, the shredded parmesan browns nicely and crisps up so you get more texture.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts/tenders)
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- ½ cup sour cream (see NOTES)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing and sour cream; set aside.
- Place chicken in a baking dish or oven-proof skillet big enough to hold all the chicken pieces. I used a 10-inch cast iron pan.
- Spoon about 2 tbs of the dressing mixture on top of each chicken piece. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over all pieces. Then sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is 160℉ in the center of each pieces.
- Set broiler to high and broil until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
*Adapted from The Cookie Rookie Yum