As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Caesar chicken is so easy, it will surprise you how delicious it is.
Simple Ingredients Yet Great Taste
This is another one of those meals where I am amazed how great it tastes using less than five ingredients.
When I saw this on Becky’s blog, The Cookie Rookie, I just had to make it! This recipe had all the elements I look for–easy, quick, delicious–and did I mention EASY???
In fact, it can be so easy that you only need three ingredients.
Add-Ons Make It Better
Basically all you need to make this caesar chicken is the chicken and caesar dressing. I would imagine the grated cheese adds more flavor, but in a pinch it could be left out. In fact, I reduced the amount originally called for by a third. That was because I was going to make another addition cheese-wise.
However, I used Becky’s suggestions to enhance the flavor of the gravy by using either sour cream or mayonnaise. I used the sour cream, and I used the cheese.
Also, the week I made this, boneless skinless thighs were on sale for a ridiculously low price at one of my local stores, so I used thighs instead of breasts. I did this mainly to eliminate using the meat mallet to even out the thickness in the breasts. Thighs are very uniform in thickness, plus they are a bit more flavorful than breast meat (at least to me).
One Final Addition
One extra thing I did add was more cheese.
Since you have to pop this under the broiler to get that lovely crispness on the top, I thought some shredded parmesan would be a great addition. First you get more depth of flavor and secondly, the shredded parmesan browns nicely and crisps up so you get more texture.
Watch The Video
Easy Caesar Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts/tenders
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream see NOTES
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing and sour cream; set aside.
- Place chicken in a baking dish or oven-proof skillet big enough to hold all the chicken pieces. I used a 10-inch cast iron pan.
- Spoon about 2 tbs of the dressing mixture on top of each chicken piece. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over all pieces. Then sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is 160℉ in the center of each pieces.
- Set broiler to high and broil until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
*Adapted from The Cookie Rookie