Here’s the ingredients you will need. If it is at all possible to get “light soy sauce” this is the right one to use. This will be available at an Asian grocery, larger grocery stores with a wide Asian selection, or via the Asian grocers on the web. Please note this is not the Kikkoman variety that is lower sodium. Light Soy Sauce is more gently fermented than the regular or dark soy sauce. If light soy sauce is not available, then the regular such as La Choy or Kikkoman may be substituted. I also grind my own pork as assorted pork chops on sale are far cheaper than pre-ground pork.
Slice scallion diagonally into 1 inch pieces. Lightly beat eggs. Crush garlic.
Shrimp & Lobster Sauce
- 1 lb shrimp shelled & deveined
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 3 scallions green onions sliced in 1" diagonal pieces
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 4 tbs light soy sauce dark soy sauce may be substituted
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs cornstarch mixed with 2 tbs water
- See step-by-step pictures