As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asian beef and pepper noodles is a quick and easy dinner.
Asian Beef And Pepper Noodles–Quick Dinner
What dinner can be quicker than a stir fry? The answer to that is not too many.
Anything Asian is likely full of flavor. Most Asian stir fries are also economical because meat is, more than likely, used as a condiment. Stir fries are also a great place to use any leftover fresh veggies and meat. If you’re like me, you probably have bits and pieces of fresh veggies in your crisper. With me it’s usually bell peppers–I’ll have half or a quarter of a pepper. That’s perfect for this Asian beef and pepper noodles. With this, I was lucky enough to have several colors of bell peppers due to a sale.
I use the Asian stir fry noodles because I love the chewy texture. They have a satisfying texture that spaghetti does not. But since my mantra is always “use what you have” then if you have good old spaghetti, use it here. Trust me I’ve made it with spaghetti and it’s very good.
If I’m using regular spaghetti, I tend to use the No. 8 because it’s a bit thicker that No. 9. Sometimes No. 8 is called spaghetti where No. 9 is called thin spaghetti.
This is the perfect dish to use them up. I had some leftover uncooked round steak and pepper halves so I took advantage.
Now, I used beef but if you have some rotisserie chicken left over, then use it here. Also, feel free to change up the veggies either to what you have left in the crisper or to ones you prefer over my choices. The two constants here should be onion and garlic–unless you have allergies to either.
Asian Beef & Pepper Noodles
- 1/2 each yellow orange & red bell peppers, cut in matchsticks
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups Napa cabbage shredded
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 8 oz beef round steak cut in thin strips
- 2 tbs oil
- 8 oz lo mein noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook noodles per package directions. Drain and set aside
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet or wok. Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the peppers, onions, cabbage, and garlic in the same pan and stir fry until crisp-tender.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce and toss until coated and heated through.