As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Beefy Taco-Mac Bake|
This beefy taco casserole is made even better by making your own baked tortilla chips!
|Beefy Taco-Mac Bake|
I’ll be upfront and say I’m not a great lover of taco seasoning because of the cumin, but when I combined this with some of Goya’s Adobo seasoning, it tasted really GREAT!
I also wanted to use up an odd bit of spiral pasta I had hanging around for I can’t remember how long, plus I had some leftover sliced olives from when I did the Mexican French Bread Pizza for an olive promotion for Price Chopper Supermarkets.
Only thing I was lacking was a bag of tortilla chips–but I did have some small flour tortillas, so I made my own. One thing I can say is I will NEVER buy tortilla chips again. I think the homemade ones actually was the thing that made this casserole shine.
This casserole is really a combination of taco-flavored beef macaroni and nachos! A real family pleaser!
|A combo of nachos and tacos combine here|
Beefy Taco Mac Bake
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef at least 90 percent lean
- 10.75 oz condensed tomato soup
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes*
- 4 oz canned diced jalapenos optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese**
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning 1.25 oz package
- 2 tsp Adobo seasoning Goya makes this
- 2-3 cups broken tortilla chips***
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese**
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 green onions chopped
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray either and 11 x 7 or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a large heavy skillet; drain fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato soup, taco seasoning, Adobo seasoning, 1/2 cup of cheese and the pasta. Stir to combine. Place mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Top with broken tortilla chips. Top tortilla chips with the 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with sliced olives and chopped green onion.
- Serves 4-6 depending on appetite.
|Someone had a hearty appetite!|
|Ready to eat!|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.