|Tortellini Al Forno|
This tortellini and cheese sauce dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes. The sauce makes it special!
|Fancy hurry-up meal|
Thanks to the convenience of refrigerated tortellini, this goes together in no time and tastes thoroughly gourmet too.
|Serve as an appetizer or main meal|
I was surprised at all the varieties available in my store–and under the house brand too!
|Rich cheesy sauce|
The Italian sausage variety was used here, but you have lots of varieties to choose from and the sauce is so versatile, that you could use practically any flavor.
The asiago sauce is very intensely cheesy. If you want a little less kick, use half the amount of cheese.
|Uses store-bought refrigerated tortellini!|
As for the mushrooms, if you don’t do them, leave them out–it’s totally delicious without them. But if you do add the mushrooms, try to use a flavorful variety such as baby bellas or criminis. If you only have the regular white, they are fine too! Canned can be used in a pinch, but I don’t really recommend them. The flavor you get from caramelizing the fresh cannot be duplicated with canned.
- 1 pkg fresh tortellini, Italian sausage variety
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook tortellini per package directions. Drain and rinse; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until they begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the milk, cream, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is melted. Add the tortellini back to the pan and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum