|Almond Joy Cheesecake Parfait|
Love Almond Joy? Then you’ll go ga-ga over this coconut and chocolate almond dessert. Very easy to make!
I wanted to call this dessert “The Lillian Russo” because my friend Lillian is just wild about Almond Joy candy bars and everything else “Almond Joy.” Lillian isn’t only a fantastic cook and food blogger, but she makes the most exquisite jewelry as well! Visit her at My Recipe Journey for her family-tested recipes and info on Jewels By Lillian too.
|Pretty as a picture; stupidly easy to make!|
As I mentioned, the dessert is stupidly easy to make. You can use a good-quality store-bought chocolate sauce–like one you’d use on ice cream–for this, or make your own ganache.
Ganache is easy because basically it’s chocolate chips and heavy cream nuked for about 30 seconds then stirred. I give a link to it in the recipe. It appears in many of my desserts and it’s delicious. If you want it thinner, just add more cream.
For Almond Joy purists, I know it’s milk chocolate, but you can easily substitute milk chocolate chips for the regular in the ganache. I’m not sure if you can buy milk chocolate ice cream sauce though. But regardless, this is delicious!!!!!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups evaporated milk (don’t reconstitute)
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) coconut cream instant pudding*
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tsp coconut extract -OR- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup ready-made chocolate sauce -OR- ganache
- Extra coconut and toasted almonds for garnish
- *Vanilla pudding may be substituted if you can’t find the coconut variety. The pudding is used dry. DO NOT prepare it as per package directions!
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the chocolate sauce in the bottom of each dessert dish (juice glasses or small wine glasses work well for this dessert).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with ¼ cup of the evaporated milk until smooth.
- Add the pudding, coconut, extract and the remaining milk. Beat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in whipped topping and almonds. Spoon into prepared dishes.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Microwave chocolate sauce or ganache for about 20 seconds or until it’s a consistency that will drizzle.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top of each dessert. Garnish with additional coconut and toasted almonds.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.