As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Slow Cooker Braised Steak|
This delicious slow cooker braised steak has only 4 main ingredients. A delicious comfort meal for a cold winter night.
Here’s a real winner of a meal that has very few ingredients. No fuss either!
I prefer to use blade steaks for slow cooking because they don’t fall apart–they hold their shape. What keeps the shape is the line of gristle that runs down the center. That may annoy some, but I find it’s easily cut out on serving. That is, if you even notice it’s there. Slow cooking tends to melt it somewhat so often I don’t bother trying to find it to cut it out when I’m eating it. Call me lazy! LOL!
|Few ingredients but plenty of flavor|
These are the types of meals I just love. There’s virtually no fussing, other than browning the meat, which I insist on doing before slow cooking since it adds SO much more flavor and deglazing the pan you browned it in and adding it to the mix improves the flavor even more.
Since au jus gravy mix tends to be a bit salty, I HIGHLY recommend you use a low-sodium (salt) soup instead of the regular. I will say I find many things a bit salty since I cut back big time on salt when my late husband had to reduce his sodium intake for health reasons. Your mileage may vary.
Other than saying this is an excellent winter evening meal and serving it with good ole mashed potatoes and something green, simply enjoy!
Slow Cooker Braised Steak
- 1 lb blade steak also called "minute" or "chicken" steak
- 1 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup *Low-sodium soup is preferred in this recipe
- 1 envelope Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 tbs dehydrated instant onion flakes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 cup water *Low-sodium soup is preferred in this recipe
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Mix the soup, au jus mix and dehydrated onion in a small bowl. Add bay leaf.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steaks on each side. Place steaks in slow cooker.
- Deglaze the skillet with the 1/2 cup of water, scraping up all the browned bits in the pan. Add this to the soup mixture and stir well to combine. Pour over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HI 3-4 hours or LOW 5-6 hours (please note times are approximate as all slow cookers cook differently--mine was done at 3.5 hours on HI)
- Remove the steaks to a serving platter. Stir gravy in the crock; remove bay leaf. Pour over steaks.
|Slow Cooker Braised Steak|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker Best Holiday Recipes & Food on Pinterest
These are my favorite kinds of meals too. This sounds so good and comforting. Making this next week.
Linda @ Tumbleweed Contess