As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These taco cupcakes are great for Super Bowl snacking or a quick and easy meal.
These individual taco “cups” pack a powerful punch of taste!
|Easy-to-make Taco Cups|
This is an excellent snack for watching the big game and also an easy-to-make dinner on nights you don’t want to fuss.
Using wonton skins for the “cup” make this quick and easy. They taste great reheated too so if you make extra, they also are good for a brown-bag lunch.
I used Mexican blend cheese, but plain old cheddar or a combo of cheddar and Monterrey jack will do just as well.
They are filling and satisfying and packed with fiber due to the beans.
|Taco Cups right out of the oven!|
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning 1.25 oz taco seasoning
- 16 oz refried beans 16 oz can
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 green onions sliced thinly
- 12 oz wonton wrappers 1 pkg wonton skins
- Brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain any fat. Add taco seasoning and refried beans. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray 2 dozen muffin cups.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the cheese into ground beef mixture.
- Line each muffin cup with 3 wonton skins, overlapping so points are at 10, 2 & 6 o'clock (not absolutely necessary, but it looks nice and makes a more solid "cup")
- Fill each cup with ground beef mixture, distributing approximately equal amounts in each cup. Top each cup with remaining cheese.
- Bake a 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton cups begin to get golden brown.
- Garnish with olives and sliced green onion.
- Makes about 24 cups. (6 servings)
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board ☆☆Super Bowl Parties☆☆ on Pinterest.
Nagi Maehashi says
I make cups using wonton wrappers too!!
Sandy Shoop says
Where can I find a baking dish shown in the Taco Cups recipe? Would like to buy one!
Judith Hanneman says
It’s Temp-Tations Floral Lace in cobalt blue (but there’s other colors). It was part of a baking set. If you go down the bottom of my blog, there’s pic that’s a link to the Temp-Tations website.
The cups look amazing! the browning is lovely. Definitely a perfect finger food idea.