As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These taco cupcakes are great for Super Bowl snacking or a quick and easy meal.
|Easy-to-make Taco Cups|
This is an excellent snack for watching the big game and also an easy-to-make dinner on nights you don’t want to fuss.
Using wonton skins for the “cup” make this quick and easy. They taste great reheated too so if you make extra, they also are good for a brown-bag lunch.
I used Mexican blend cheese, but plain old cheddar or a combo of cheddar and Monterrey jack will do just as well.
They are filling and satisfying and packed with fiber due to the beans.
|Taco Cups right out of the oven!|
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 pkg 1.25 oz taco seasoning
- 1 can 16 oz refried beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 pkg 12 oz wonton skins
- Brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain any fat. Add taco seasoning and refried beans. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray 2 dozen muffin cups.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the cheese into ground beef mixture.
- Line each muffin cup with 3 wonton skins, overlapping so points are at 10, 2 & 6 o'clock (not absolutely necessary, but it looks nice and makes a more solid "cup")
- Fill each cup with ground beef mixture, distributing approximately equal amounts in each cup. Top each cup with remaining cheese.
- Bake a 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and wonton cups begin to get golden brown.
- Garnish with olives and sliced green onion.
- Makes about 24 cups.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.