As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This dish is a REAL winner. Uses ground beef and ready in less than 30 minutes with a minimum of prep. Who could ask for more?
Lillian has very kindly consented to me presenting her dish on my own blog. I have made some additions, one she even recommended–adding baby carrots for a little crunch factor and color.
|Easy and inexpensive|
Make sure to check her blog for many fantastic recipes, including the original of this. She has tried literally thousands of online recipes and has posted hundreds of results on her blog with her own critiques. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and visit with Lillian here:
My Recipe Journey
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar my substitution
- 1/2 cup baby carrots cut in chunks (my addition)
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil for frying
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Heat a wok or large heavy skillet. Add sesame oil. Add ground beef, carrots and garlic and brown well. Continue browning until all the meat juice is evaporated.
- Add all other ingredients except the scallions. Stir well and heat until sauce is reduced by 50%--about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Top with chopped scallions.
- Serves 4 (but Lillian says it serves 2 LOL)