As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chewy peanut butter brownies will satisfy an peanut butter lover.
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies–YUM!
Let me start by saying that I am a huge peanut butter fanatic. I love the stuff so much that I eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. So when I saw these chewy peanut butter brownies, I knew I had to make them.
All I can say is they are really very good. Surprisingly, they’re not too sweet either. That was something I appreciated since most of these types of food are a little heavy on the sugar. The amounts in the recipe are just right.
Since the flavor depends upon it, use a good-tasting peanut butter. This can be your favorite brand and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. For my taste, the best one is Walmart’s house label. It has a rich, deep peanutty taste that beats the more expensive brand in my opinion.
A honey roasted variety would work well here too. As far as crunchy peanut butter goes, it would probably be OK to use although I have never tried it. If. you use it and get good results, please let me know so I can list it as an option.
OK I know–who doesn’t. However you can dress up these brownies by drizzling some melted chocolate on top. You could really get bold and top them with chocolate frosting.
Personally, I think the drizzle would work best here. That way there’s no overkill with flavor. Chocolate is strong so it may mask the peanutty taste.
The drizzle I’d use is a simple ganache. That’s about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream where you just nuke and stir. The best part is whatever is left over hardens to a great bark-like texture. I spread the leftover on wax paper and just let it solidify. Delicious!
Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream the peanut butter and butter. Gradually add the sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each. Blend in the vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the peanut butter mixture, blending well.
- Turn into prepared pan, making an even layer.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 9 portions.