As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Texas Style Banana Crumb Muffins
Banana muffins as big as Texas!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl, mixing well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour & cinnamon. Cut in butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a Texas muffin pan (pan has 6 large muffins) with large muffin papers or grease the pan. Fill each cup 3/4 full; top with crumbs. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool completely.
- Makes 6 large muffins.
- For Regular Sized Muffins
- Follow the above instructions, except use a regular-sized muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. This will make 12 regular-sized muffins.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1084IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg