As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Texas Style Banana Crumb Muffins
Banana muffins as big as Texas!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl, mixing well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour & cinnamon. Cut in butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a Texas muffin pan (pan has 6 large muffins) with large muffin papers or grease the pan. Fill each cup 3/4 full; top with crumbs. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool completely.
- Makes 6 large muffins.
- For Regular Sized Muffins
- Follow the above instructions, except use a regular-sized muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. This will make 12 regular-sized muffins.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1084IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @midnitebaker or tag #midnitebaker!
Suzanne Vader says
Hi i live in great britian and was wondering if someone can tell me what this recipe would be in pounds and ounces please xxx
Judith Hanneman says
Hi Suzanne–I tried adding you to circles on G+ so I could email you. I have some very ripe bananas so I can make some of these this week and let you know..would grams/ml etc be OK? The sticking part is the flour because it can measure all different amounts so even if I weigh out the flour that should be a big help. BTW, I will ask my sister if she's made these…she's in UK and may have already converted the recipe. Please email me so I can get back to you on this. Look under "Contact Us" at the top of the page. <3