As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Roasted Rosemary Buttermilk Chicken|
Buttermilk chicken goes one better infused with rosemary and a hint of sweetness from maple syrup.
Rosemary compliments chicken so well!
I have a ton of rosemary growing, in fact it’s the only thing that seems to be thriving in my garden this season. It’s been rainy and not much like summer around my parts.
Since it’s not been hot where I live so far, and believe it or not the other day my heat came up–that’s how chilly it’s been here–I really didn’t mind running the oven for this.
|Rosemary and chicken–perfect combo|
This recipe deviates a bit from the more standard buttermilk chicken in it’s flavorings. Just some garlic and rosemary, but the taste is out-of-this-world fantastic!
I brushed this with a little maple syrup in the last few minutes of baking to make the chicken caramelize a tad more and to introduce a slightly sweet, but not overpowering, note to the chicken.
This is nice paired with some garlic mashed potatoes on the side and a mixed greens salad!
The chicken is nice cold too so make extra for snacking!
Roasted Rosemary Buttermilk Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix the brine ingredients in a large zipper freezer/storage bag–I use a large Lock & Lock container for this since it’s sturdy and won’t leak.
- Place chicken in the brine, seal the bag (or container) and place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain chicken and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Brush with maple syrup the last 10 minutes of the baking time.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board The Midnight Baker on Pinterest.
Mary Thoresen says
I made this chicken tonight and it was so delicious! Definitely worth turning the oven on during the summer.
Judith Hanneman says
I'm so glad you like this Mary! Some things are just worth it (but I turn on my a/c downstairs when I do LOL)