As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Fiesta Rice Salad with House Special Dressing|
This rice salad is a fiesta in a bowl! Plenty of add-ins and the dressing will keep them coming back for more!
|A fiesta in a bowl|
He’d always serve this at BBQs and it was a great way to use leftover rice. It was nothing too fancy–some celery, onion and plain vinaigrette dressing.
This salad has evolved over the years with all members of the family making it and adding their own touches.
My special touch is the dressing. I like something a bit more creamy than a vinaigrette in something like this.
|Special of the house|
The dressing is versatile in that it’s also a general creamy salad dressing. It’s packed with flavor too, from the cheese, herbs and white wine vinegar.
|Creamy and cheesy dressing|
Another special touch of mine is to load this up with veggie add-ins and add…BACON…which improves anything!
I’m the only one who uses tomatoes when I make this, but I think they add such oomph to the taste and coupled with the bacon, it’s a winning taste.
If I happen to have chives growing, and this year it’s a bumper crop, I add them too, but they’re optional if you want to leave them out.
Fiesta Rice Salad with House Special Dressing
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbs fresh snipped chives optional
HOUSE SPECIAL DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Romano mixture
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Mix desired amount of dressing into salad. Cover and chill if not serving immediately.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.