As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s this week’s Meatless Monday entry–Quickie Kit Kat Bars. Yes, I know it’s candy…but it IS meatless, and it’s by a special fan request
|Ready in a jif|
I had originally planned a peanut noodle bowl for this week, however, when my fans saw this and I said I’d probably post it Friday….well, that’s a LONG time, so I hold off the noodle bowl to NEXT week and publish these homemade candy bars. LOL!
Anyway, I did tell dessert and baking bloggers that as long as it was meatless (and this sure qualifies) it can be posted on my “roundup” here….
Quickie Kit Kat Bars
- 8 sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs coarse sea salt
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay out a layer of graham crackers along the bottom. Fill in spaces with pieces of graham crackers so the bottom is totally covered.
- Microwave caramel sauce on HI for 20 seconds, or until it's thinner pourable consistency. Pour over graham crackers, and spread in an even layer.
- Top with the rest of the graham crackers, repeating as in the first layer, with all the spaces filled.
- Microwave chocolate chips and butter on HI for 1 minute. Remove and stir until very smooth. Spread chocolate over top. Chill.
- Top with coarse salt and cut into pieces of desired size
|Quickie Kit Kat Bars|