As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|No Bake Peanut Butter Crack Bars|
There is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate, and best of all, this is no bake!
|No baking required|
There’s many versions of this all over the ‘net, but none of them have this nice crispy crackly topping. Just like eating a Nestle’s Crunch Bar!!! But you can leave out the crisp rice cereal if you prefer. To me it just adds a little interesting point to something already indescribably delicious.
Great snack for summer (hey, no oven!!!) or any time!
Join Amazon Prime – Watch Over 40,000 Movies
No Bake Peanut Butter Crack Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or saltine crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth or chunky
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 2 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch square pan with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Mix the melted butter with the cracker crumbs, the one cup peanut butter and confectioner's sugar. Turn into prepared pan and spread evenly in pan. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate morsels, 2 tbs peanut butter and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until mixture is smooth. You may have to return the bowl to the microwave for another 15-20 seconds if morsels are not completely melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the chocolate mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spread on top of chilled peanut butter mixture and return to refrigerator to chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- When well chilled, cut into 9 bars.
- Serves 9