As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love noodles? Have leftovers? Here’s dinner tonight!
Another recipe I did for Gastrolux in their beautiful wok!
I had literally tons of bits and pieces veggies in my crisper drawer plus a huge bok choi. I also had an Asian-flavored pork chop I had left over from a previous meal…what a great way to use all this food some of which may have become forgotten and spoiled!!
I also wanted to try the new-style Kame noodles. I had tried them a few years ago and found them lacking in that even though they were cooked, you STILL had to boil them to separate them. With their new and improved product, you don’t have to boil that solid brick of noodles anymore. Just remove the pouches, squeeze the bag(s) slightly to separate the noodes then just add them to what you are cooking. What a pleasure and they taste great too!
Vegetarian Lo Mein
This vegetarian lo mein recipe makes the perfect meatless Monday dinner!
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup carrots julienne
- 1 cup sliced bok choy
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 green onions chopped
- 14.2 oz Kame Hokkein noodles (see NOTES)
- 2 tbsp oil
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup cooked meat sliced julienne
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook until set. Turn egg to set the other side. Remove egg "pancake" from pan to a plate and let cool. When egg pancake is cool enough, cut into thin strips.
- Return wok to medium heat. Add oil and heat until oil shimmers. Add the mushrooms, carrots and bok choy. Stir fry using non-metal utensil for 2 minutes. Add the Kame Hokkein noodles and stir fry for 2 additional minutes.
- Stir sauce again and add to pan, stirring to coat contents with sauce. Add cooked meat if using. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
Spaghetti or lo mein noodles may be substituted if you cannot find the Asian noodles
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1741mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2297IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg