As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy and delicious chicken and potatoes dinner cooks all in one pan!
Not only is this meal pretty to look at, it’s mighty pretty to eat too!
The original recipe came from BHG, with a few minor changes from me.
I’m not using fresh garlic, but garlic powder because it just seemed better for sprinkling over the chicken. Also, I used butter, not oil, because of the flavor factor.
It seemed the potatoes needed an added kick, so what’s better to use than cheese? I used romano and the potatoes could be a meal in themselves.
Lemon Thyme Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbs unsalted butter divided
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes or small red potatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs grated parmesan or romano cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of the thyme; set aside.
- Heat a very large (at least 12-inches) skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbs of the butter and remaining 1/2 tsp of the thyme.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat well. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring potatoes 2 times.
- Push the potatoes to one side of the pan. Add the remaining 2 tbs of butter and place the chicken alongside the potatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered. Turn chicken and sprinkle with salt/thyme mixture. Place sliced lemon on top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Toss potatoes with the 2 tbs of grated cheese.