As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Garlicky shrimp scampi served on a bed of buttery herb pasta is very easy to make.
Easy And Fancy
It’s amazing how the combination of such simple ingredients can make something so tasty.
This is one of the easiest meals you can make too. It’s ready in well under 30 minutes and it requires no special fussing. Because there’s no fuss involved in making this shrimp scampi, it’s a perfect meal to serve for small dinner parties.
The sauce is simple. It’s merely an olive oil and butter concoction. The shrimp is also cooked in the sauce.
Shrimp Isn’t Expensive
Let’s just say shrimp isn’t as expensive as you think!
My store recently had extra-large shrimp on sale for $5.99 per pound and shrimp has been at that price several times this summer. This was such a good buy, I stocked up and bought 3 pounds.
When shrimp is at such a low price, it’s actually pretty economical. I usually buy shrimp to make my Chinese Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, but I also thought outside the box since I had stocked my freezer. I love shrimp on the BBQ so I made some Garlic Shrimp with Lemon Lime Honey Glaze.
But even if it’s not on sale, it’s nice to splurge every now and then!
My Pasta Secret
I used to HATE making pasta.
First of all, it seems to take forever for that large pot of water to boil, then you have to drain it too. During the summer months, boiling big pots of water makes the kitchen steamy and just adds more awful humidity to the house.
My best-kept secret is my rice cooker. Yes, you heard right. A rice cooker.
Once you get the hang of how much water to use, it’s very easy. In fact, I wrote an article on how to do it. Making Pasta In A Rice Cooker has become one of my most popular postings because it’s short, sweet and to the point. If you don’t have one, I urge you to treat yourself. You can make so many things in it and I find it one of my most useful and used appliances.
Garlicky Shrimp Scampi with Herb Pasta
- 16 oz linguine
- 1 lb raw shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 3 large cloves garlic finely minced (see NOTES)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper black may be subbed
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley reserve a little bit for garmish if you like
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine per package directions; drain and place in a large pot; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, butter, garlic. salt, pepper, oregano and pepper flakes over medium-low heat. Cook until the garlic becomes aromatic, about 5 minutes, but don't allow the garlic to burn.
- Add ONE HALF[ of the sauce to the linguine and toss to coat.
- Return skillet with the remaining sauce to the stove and heat over medium heat.
- Place the shrimp and cook until it turns pink, about 5-8 minutes. Add the lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over the pasta and top each serving with 2 tbs of the shredded parmesan cheese.