As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
French onion beef and noodles is creamy and delicious ground beef recipe. Better yet, it’s ready in a flash!
A Ground Beef Recipe You’ll Love
The thing about ground beef is it’s versatility. There’s just so many things you can make with it that it’s pretty hard to tire of the stuff.
This French onion beef with noodles is a ground beef recipe your family will look forward to eating. This is so good, that I’m sure it will be a regular entry in your dinner rotation. It’s pretty inexpensive too so it definitely will not break your budget!
And the best part of this? It comes together in a jiffy and that’s a godsend after a long work day where the family is so hungry they just want to eat yesterday.
Basic Ingredients Besides Ground Beef
I’m sure most of us with a well-stocked pantry have most of these ingredients readily on hand. However, until I made this, I never kept condensed French onion soup in my cupboard.
It’s handy to have on hand and it’s so much better than it’s dried package cousin. Just as a matter of personal taste, I don’t care much for the type you use to make the dip. It’s flavor is way too strong, the smell from cooking with it permeates the house and lasts, and last but not least, it’s way too salty. It’s liquid condensed cousin shares none of those properties, and surprisingly tastes very good too.
A Great Variation
Well, to get technical here, this recipe is my adaptation and is a variation.
My recipe substitutes ground beef for the sausage. I used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder and I omitted the cheese. I also tossed in some fresh thyme since I just love that flavor with beef, but you can eliminate that if you want with no real loss of flavor.
French Onion Beef and Noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 can French onion soup (approximately 10 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 4 oz cream cheese cut in chunks
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme optional
- 2 cups medium egg noodles uncooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan.
- Now add the ground beef, onion and garlic and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it’s melted and well blended. Pour in the soup, stock, thyme (if usinand the egg noodles; stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and gently boil until the noodles are cooked and liquid is reduced by 50%.
- Stir in the sour cream and top with the French fried onions.