As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Burgers with a surprise inside–jalapeño popper stuffed burgers explode with flavor.
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burgers–YUM
Do you love jalapeño popper dip and burgers? Then this recipe is a perfect combination for you.
Stuffed burgers are nothing new; I’ve been making them for quite some time. Mostly I do a stuffed bleu cheese burger with a reduced wine and mushroom sauce. However, I just love jalapeños and I love the dip so figured why not.
If you’d like something more zippy and robust, then the jalapeños may be replaced with a hotter pepper. And if you like no heat at all, then a bell pepper would be perfectly fine as well.
Everyone has their own way of doing this, so whatever works for you that’s the method to use.
What I do is make two smaller burgers, place the stuffing on one burger and top with another and seal around the edges. Now, if you want an 8-ounce burger, then you’d make 2 very flat 4-ounce burgers. You can get a better idea of how I do this in the photo below.
There are, of course, gadgets made specifically for stuffed burgers and if you have one, fine. But don’t go out and buy one especially for this since I don’t feel it’s worth it.
Just an FYI, but a little filling will always leak out no matter how well you seal the burgers.
My favorite method is grilling be it on my gas grill or my trust grill pan on the stovetop.
Broiling works well too as long as you use a proper broiling pan so the fat drips down so it doesn’t cause any flare-ups. A skillet is my last choice since burgers always seem to just boil in the rendered fat.
You can do these in the air fryer too. In my 1800W basket-type model, they’re done in 5 minutes on each side at 400F/200C.
Another thing is the doneness. Unfortunately for lovers of super-rare burgers, that just won’t work here. They have to be at least done to medium so the cheeses melt.
Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbs minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbs cream cheese softened
- 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs salsa
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium or oven broil to high
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, cheddar, salsa, garlic powder, and jalapeno.
- Combine meat, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Divide meat into 8 even pieces and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into 4 equal portions and flatten each into a pancake shape.
- Place each cream cheese mixture on top of 4 flattened meat portions. Top each with another flattened portion and seal the edges (see photo in post_.
- Brush burger with olive oil.
- To Grill:
- Grill burgers over medium heat 6-7 minutes on each side
- To Broil:
- Place burgers on a foil-covered pan approximately 6" from broiler. Broil 5-6 minutes on each side
- For Air Fryer: Air fry 5 minutes each side at 400F/200C. Bear in mind that your model (see post body) may need adjustment.