As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken casserole that’s quick to prepare. The rice blend makes it very special!
I fell in love with this idea ever since I saw my friend Nicole’s honest-to-goodness from scratch version of her Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole. And if you want the real deal, I can recommend her recipe highly.
|A speedier version of a classic|
Everyone who reads my blog knows I’m not into fussing anymore so I try to streamline recipes, using convenience ingredients. Mainly, I’ve gotten lazy LOL, but lots of folks just lack the time between jobs, kids and so many other responsibilities.
So I speeded this one up and took advantage of a great rice combo I saw last time I was at the store. I figured it would make the casserole more interesting–and it did.
|Rice blend makes it special|
A little garlic powder added to the recipe might kick it up for those who would like a garlicky flavor and you can always throw in some cheese–because that improves everything IMO.
But any way you do this–quick or old-fashioned as Nicole does, it’s a wonderful comfort dish that’s perfect for those chilly nights you need your body and soul warmed.
**Make sure to enter my Holiday Baking Giveaway for either a Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer or a Kitchen Aid 11 Cup Food Processor and a bonus prize of a brand-new Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook. Contest ends 11/5/2014.**
Easy Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1 10.25 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cups Rice Select Royal Blend the one with Texmati & wild rice
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast cut in chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray (if desired) a 2-quart baking dish--I used 11 x 7-inch.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, water and onion. Stir until smooth. Add the rice and combine well.
- Add the chicken chunks and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked to 185 degrees F.
- Serves 2 for large appetites, 4 for lighter appetites
|Easy Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.