As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Kielbasa Potato Bake|
This simple smoked sausage and potato bake packs tons of flavor despite the simple 3 main ingredients.
I knew I’d love this simple meal when I ran across the recipe on Pinterest. The original recipe comes from Recipes from the Big Blue Binder.
Reason I knew I’d like this is my mom used to do something very similar with Italian sausage. In fact, Mom’s Sausage & Potato Bake was one of the first recipes I posted on this blog!
|For extra flavor, use the cheddar variety of kielbasa|
I love kielbasa–and I got a ton of it on sale a couple of weeks ago–and cheese and of course potatoes so I knew I couldn’t go wrong with this.
The only real adjustments I made to the original recipe were the seasonings. Where I like the herbs she used, I wasn’t sure if I’d like them in this so I went with something a little more subtle.
This is quick and easy. It’s very long on flavor too, thanks to the smoked sausage.
|Served with assorted greens|
I used the cheddar flavor sausage, but the regular variety is just as good if you can’t find the one with the cheese.
This is one recipe I didn’t get heavy-handed with the cheese. I found the flavors blended very well so that one ingredient didn’t overpower the other–but use more if you want!
Kielbasa Potato Bake
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 4 large potatoes cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbs chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil for greasing foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a medium baking sheet (one with sides, like a jelly roll pan) with heavy-duty foil. Grease foil with the 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Slice kielbasa into 1/4-inch slices. In a large bowl, combine the kielbasa, cubed potatoes, salt, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss to coat contents of bowl with the olive oil.
- Spread out on prepared baking sheet in a single layer if possible. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring around every 15 minutes to insure potatoes cook & sausage browns and crisps evenly.
- When potatoes are soft, turn off oven; remove pan and distribute cheese across the top. Return to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
|Kielbasa Potato Bake|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.