As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Crock Pot Cheesy Taters & Sausage|
Four ingredients is all it takes to make this cheesy and easy tater tot and smoked sausage dinner!
This is a hack of my recipe for Cheesy Bacon Chicken & Taters. I always thought a re-work of that would taste super with kielbasa and tater tots taking the place of the chicken and shredded potatoes.
There’s only 4 ingredients, so it can’t get any easier! All you have to do is slice the sausage!
|Only 4 ingredients|
There’s no bacon in this one for obvious reasons–the sausage imparts a nice smoky flavor.
As for the sausage, I used a cheddar variety that I had kicking around in my fridge that was the last of a bunch I bought from a fantastic sale.
|Easy family dinner|
I thought the little bits of cheddar would add even more cheese flavor to the dish–and it did! But if you can’t find this variety in your store, then plain old kielbasa or smoked sausage will do nicely.
One thing I would caution is to watch this closely because it might be done before the stated time. My cookers seem to cook fast and mine was probably done at the minimum time, but I didn’t check and left it 5 hours. It got a little crunchy, but I did enjoy that crunch.
|Cheddar sausage makes it more cheesy!|
This makes a great dinner that the whole family will love. It’s tasty, cheap and easy! You can’t beat that!
Crock Pot Cheesy Taters & Sausage
- 1 14-16 oz pkg cheddar smoked sausage -OR- kielbasa
- 32 oz bag tater tots
- 2 cups shredded sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup light cream half-n-half or whole milk
- Slice sausage in 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- Place half the tater tots in the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Layer half the sausage slices on top of the tater tots.
- Layer half the cheese over the sausage slices.
- Repeat for another layer.
- Pour cream over top, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.