|Seriously Garlicky Salad Dressing|
A garlic lover’s salad dressing! May also be used as a dip for veggies or chips.
There’s a big burst of garlic flavor here because of the amount. I love garlic so this is like heaven for me. But if you’d prefer it more subtle, then half the amount of garlic will still produce a tasty dressing.
|This’ll keep away those vampires!|
I made this so it had a bit of a kick from the red pepper flakes, but again, if you aren’t into that, then they can be left out completely or a teeny pinch may be used.
In fact, for even more full-bodied flavor, omit the pepper flakes and use a drop or two of a chipotle flavored hot sauce. Betcha that’d taste out of this world!
|Can be thinned with additional buttermilk|
This can also be used as a dip for vegetables or chips as the dressing is a bit thick. If you want a pourable dressing, just add more buttermilk until you reach the consistency you want.
- 4 huge cloves garlic (or 6 medium)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 2 tbs buttermilk
- 1 tbs romano or parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (you can use less or omit)
- Press garlic through a press -OR- pulverize in a powerful blender/food processor (i.e. Ninja).
- Mix pressed garlic and all other ingredients in a small bowl; chill for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- If dressing is too thick for your liking, it may be thinned with additional buttermilk or regular milk to desired consistency.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum