As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Creamy Chicken with Noodles|
Comforting chicken and noodles made entirely in one skillet in less than 30 minutes!
Comforting Family Favorite
This meal can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes and it only takes one skillet–two things I happen to be crazy about lately–good tasting fast food and less dishes to wash!
I had some cooked chicken in the fridge so I was able to use some leftovers for this. I also used canned carrots so there was no cooking involved. I did use frozen peas because I prefer frozen to canned for that veggie.
If you have no leftover chicken and need to cook it for this dish, about 2 medium boneless skinless breasts would be about what you want. Steaming or sauteeing them would be the way to go, and I’d pick sauteeing personally because it will give the chicken some color.
|Make with leftovers|
To add some body to the sauce, I thickened it slightly, but that’s just a matter of personal preference and you can omit that step if you want a more soupy dish.
There’s also no need to pre-cook the noodles. They will cook just fine in the skillet and leave plenty of stock left over for the sauce.
|A family-friendly meal|
This is a simple, yet marvelous tasting meal. And the best part is, it can be made almost entirely of leftovers if you have them, making it very budget friendly.
Tastes great served with biscuits.
Watch The Video
Creamy Chicken with Noodles
- 6 oz 1/2 bag wide egg noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 1 cup sliced carrots*
- 1/2 cup peas*
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- *May be omitted or substituted with veggies you prefer
- Place noodles in a large skillet (12+ inches). Add stock and olive oil; stir. Add peas and carrots at this point if using and if they are frozen and not already cooked.
- Cover and heat over medium heat until noodles are soft, about 10 minutes. Add peas and carrots (if you are using them and they are canned or already cooked) Add the chicken. Stir in cream or milk.
- Mix the 1/4 cup water and the 2 tbs flour so there are no lumps. Add gradually to noodle mixture, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.