As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HouseofBBQ #CollectiveBias This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over.
|Blue Cheese Angus Burger and Blue Moon® Belgian White|
Great food needs great beverages to accompany it. Let Price Chopper’s #HouseofBBQ Solutions Center and Miller Coors brand beers and ales kick your next BBQ up a few notches!
My outlook on a great BBQ is keeping the fare fairly simple, but using pairings of food and drink that work well together.
Top of the list are great burgers and a full-bodied ale to accompany it.
|Angus beef makes the best burgers|
Great burgers begin with great beef. That’s why I always use Certified Angus with an 80/20 blend. That ratio of lean to fat produces the juiciest burgers. You need fat for it to be juicy.
Any time I have a BBQ and serve my blue cheese burgers, I always have some Blue Moon® Belgian White Ale to go with it. It’s a perfect pairing! This crisp ale is just the thing you need with a big juicy burger!
|Perfect accompaniment to a great burger|
On my last shopping trip to Price Chopper, I was happy to see that Certified Angus 80/20 ground beef was on sale, so I picked up some for the burgers.
|Where you can find Miller Coors beers and ales in Price Chopper|
I also picked up a 6-pack of Blue Moon and a 12-pack of Miller Lite for my friends who are watching their calories and carb intake.
|For the calorie conscious and non-beer drinkers|
For the non-beer drinkers at my party, I chose some Pure Leaf tea. Unlike other bottled “iced teas,” this tastes like you started from scratch and actually brewed it.
|Delicious kabobs with onion & Hillshire American Craft|
The Pure Leaf and Miller Lite paired very well with some simple kabobs I made as nibbles. I used Hillshire Farms’ American Craft® Jalapeno & Cheese variety and was glad to see they were also on sale at Price Chopper.
|Assembling the burger|
The burgers are pretty simple to assemble. What I do is make one very thin patty, place about 2 tablespoons of blue cheese on top of that, then place another thin patty on top of it all and seal it.
Bleu Cheese Angus Burgers
- 1 lb Certified Angus ground beef 80/20
- 4 oz sliced or crumbled blue cheese
- 4 mini-kaiser rolls -OR- crusty hamburger buns
- Make 8 very thin patties. Place about 2 tbs of blue cheese on top of 4 of the patties. Place the remaining thin patties on top of the ones containing the cheese; seal well.
- Broil or grill about 5 minutes each side for medium doneness or until patty is 160 degrees F internal temperature. FYI 160 degrees is recommended by the USDA to kill bacteria that may be in ground meat.
- 1 pkg Hillshire Farms American Craft sausage I used Jalapeno Cheese
- 2 medium onions quartered
- olive oil for basting onions
- bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers about 30 minutes in warm water.
- Cut sausage into 2-inch pieces.
- Assemble kabobs by alternating sausage and onion.
- Brush onion with olive oil.
- Place on grill and cook until sausage and onion are browned.
I bought all my beers at Price Chopper in Catskill, but you can also find these great Miller Coors products to enjoy in the Catskill NY area at The Ambrosia Diner, The Red Rooster Roadhouse, and The Barnwood Restaurant.
For more terrific ideas for BBQs and summer entertaining, make sure to follow Price Chopper’s House of BBQ Pinterest board.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.