As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crab rangoon stuffed mushrooms are the perfect savoury or snack!
Crab Rangoon Stuffed Mushrooms–Great Savoury
Looking for a great savoury? Well, there goes my Britishness–savoury is just their word for appetizer. These crab rangoon stuffed mushrooms are also a great snack for tailgating or sports watching.
They’re pretty easy to make because you can start with canned crab if you wish. Crab has always been pricy in any form but fortunately the canned flaked stuff is pretty reasonable as crab goes. Any shellfish you like or have on hand can stand in for the crab and it will still be totally delicious.
Oh you betcha! I actually love this stuff better than the real thing. It’s got a wonderful slightly sweet flavor and I make a great seafood salad with it.
In fact, I used it here to make these stuffed mushrooms. I usually have a packet in the freezer so why not.
If you’ve never used it or bought it, it can either be found in the seafood area of the supermarket if it’s not been frozen, but many stores do sell it frozen so look where they keep the frozen seafood.
Another great thing about imitation crab meat is that it’s far cheaper than the real deal. Calling it “imitation” may conjure up some laboratory creation, but it’s actually white fish; usually cod so it’s a “real” product.
Great In The Air Fryer
These are a natural for the air fryer even though I mostly do these in the oven.
They’d require about 10 minutes at 400F/200C if you want to make them in your air fryer. The only thing I do with air frying them that I don’t do with the conventional oven is give them a spritz of oil to help them brown.
Crab Rangoon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium baby Bella mushrooms
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 3 tbs Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 oz flaked crab
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs Panko crumbs for topping
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Carefully remove mushroom stems an chop them finely.
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté the stems with the garlic until mushroom stems begin to lightly brown. Let them cool slightly.
- Mix the cream cheese, green onion, crab, soy sauce, Panko crumbs and pepper in a small bowl. Add the sautéed mushrooms and garlic. Mix well.
- Fill the mushroom caps with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the additional Panko crumbs. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 400F/200C for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.