|Bacon Hashbrown Muffins|
Portable breakfast! You get hash browns, bacon and eggs in one muffin.
|Grab and go|
OK, maybe this is not the healthiest choice, but way back in high school, I remember our school doctor telling us about the importance of this meal. She said it was more important to eat than actually pay attention to *what* you eat. Sure, you can eat something healthy, in fact she highly recommended that. But if you can’t she said, “Eat SOMETHING, ANYTHING.” So I guess this is the “something.”
However, this tastes a lot better than an oatmeal bar!!! You can make these ahead then just pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds to heat them. Eat and run!!!
- ½ bag (30 oz) shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 strips crisp cooked bacon, diced
- 2 tbs finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbs finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a regular-sized muffin pan (6 muffins) very well with non-stick spray.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and saute the bell peppers and onions until tender.
- Place thawed potatoes in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, beaten eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place in prepared muffin pan, using about ⅓ cup per muffin cup. Press down firmly in the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin to remove.
- Serves 3 (2 muffins each). Makes 6 muffins