As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Bacon Hashbrown Muffins|
Portable breakfast! You get hash browns, bacon and eggs in one muffin.
Breakfast To Go
|Grab and go|
OK, maybe this is not the healthiest choice, but way back in high school, I remember our school doctor telling us about the importance of this meal. She said it was more important to eat than actually pay attention to *what* you eat. Sure, you can eat something healthy, in fact she highly recommended that. But if you can’t she said, “Eat SOMETHING, ANYTHING.” So I guess this is the “something.”
However, this tastes a lot better than an oatmeal bar!!! You can make these ahead then just pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds to heat them. Eat and run!!!
Watch The Video
Bacon Hashbrown Muffins
- 1/2 bag 30 oz shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 strips crisp cooked bacon diced
- 2 tbs finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbs finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a regular-sized muffin pan (6 muffins) very well with non-stick spray.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and saute the bell peppers and onions until tender.
- Place thawed potatoes in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, beaten eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place in prepared muffin pan, using about 1/3 cup per muffin cup. Press down firmly in the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin to remove.
- Serves 3 (2 muffins each). Makes 6 muffins