As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A quick and easy strawberry cheese strip danish made in your air fryer.
Your Best Kitchen Buddy
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, you’re really missing out! This is one of the most versatile appliances I have in my kitchen.
It really does so much. The funny thing is I rarely use it to “fry” anything. My personal opinion is that the air fryer doesn’t replace a deep-fat fryer. What it’s best at, in my opinion, is replacing your oven!
I’ve baked small sweets and roasted chickens and beef in it and you just can’t beat the flavor. I tell everyone you’ll never roast a chicken conventionally nor buy one at the deli anymore once you’ve cooked one in this appliance.
And it’s perfect for this strawberry cheese strip danish too. Since some fryers vary by the amount of wattage they have, you may have to alter your times to cook a bit longer. My fryer is 1800W so that’s what my times are based upon.
The Ever Popular Crescent Roll Dough
Crescent roll dough is a real boon. It’s one of those convenience foods that can be used many ways–either sweet or savoury. One of my favorite ways to use it for something savoury is in my Chicken Crescent Bake. That recipe is great if you have leftover chicken or turkey.
Now this recipe is one where I used it for something sweet. And it was also the first time I used the type that came as an uncut sheet. I guess they got the idea to make it solid because so many people have been pinching and sealing the cuts in the usual variety. For this, I strongly suggest you use the solid sheet variety. The filling is somewhat dense so the seams could come apart easily. With the solid sheet, it’s still pretty soft and floppy to handle, but at least you don’t have to worry about a seal splitting when you’re putting it in the fryer!
I used some strawberries that I had in the freezer from when they were on sale, but if you don’t have any, it can be an ingredient you may leave out.
Any flavor fruit jam can be used. I just like strawberry so that was my choice. This would taste just great with raspberry or black currant jam too.
Air Fryer Strawberry Cheese Danish
- 1 tube full-sheet crescent roll dough
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tbs cream or milk
- Unroll sheet of crescent roll dough on a flat surface.
- Microwave cream cheese for 20-30 seconds; stir until creamy and spreadable.
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the sheet of dough. Then spread the strawberry jam on top of the cream cheese. Distribute the fresh diced strawberries evenly across the top.
- Roll up from the short side. Pinch seam to seal.
- Place a parchment round in the basket of the air fryer; spray with oil.
- Fit the rolled-up pastry in the basket. You may have to curve it to fit—like a horseshoe shape.
- Set air fryer for 350 degrees F and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove from fryer and place on a rack or plate to cool.
- Mix glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled danish.
*Post contains affiliate links