Here’s a poke cake for lemon lovers! Delicious lemon cake infused with a bright and tart lemonade cream pudding.
Poke Cake For Lemon Lovers
Do you love lemon? This one’s for you!
It’s the “filling” that makes this poke cake special and so intensely lemony.
Lemon Pudding Intensified
With a few simple additions, instant lemon pudding can become fabulous!
Cream cheese and half-and-half cream make it creamy and frozen lemonade concentrate brings it all together.
After it sits chilling for an hour or two, the flavor infuses throughout the entire cake.
A Freezer Staple
I do this not only so I can make that delicious dessert I mentioned, but also if want a pitcher of refreshing lemonade (when I don’t have real lemons in the fridge). I’ve also discovered that lemonade concentrate has other uses.
The concentrate is relatively inexpensive and it doesn’t take up too much room in the freezer either.
- 1 box lemon cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade mix, undiluted
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream -OR- whole milk
- 1 package lemon instant pudding mix (4-serving size)
- 8 oz tub of whipped topping
- Prepare cake as per box instructions using a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cool cake on a rack. Once cool, poke holes about 1-inch apart in the cake.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in the half-and-half.
- Blend in the lemonade mix. Add the pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
- Pour pudding mixture on top of cake. Refrigerate until well chilled and pudding is set.
- Frost with whipped topping.