As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tropical pineapple bars are so incredibly easy to make, you’ll make them year round!
Easiest Cookies Ever
When you need a batch of cookies on the double, these tropical pineapple bars might be the answer to your prayers!
Believe it or not, there is no preparation at all because it uses refrigerated cookie dough. The remaining ingredients are added right out of the box.
Tropical Pineapple Bars: The South Seas In A Cookie
These pineapple bars are loaded with all things tropical. Close your eyes and take a bite. Then imagine you’re on a south seas cruise! This is why they are a good snack for the winter.
These bar cookies are a tad on the sweet side since they use candied pineapple, but if you want more of a “bite” to them, substitute dehydrated pineapple for the candied.
The flavors blend very well together and the thing that ties it all together are the macadamia nuts. They get slightly toasted when they bake and are just magnificent. I used macadamias that had no seasoning or salt, but if you cannot find natural nuts, the ones with the bit of salt will do just fine.
Tropical Pineapple Bars
- 1- can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz candied pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cups macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- 18 oz. package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 15×10″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Press cookie dough onto bottom of pan, top evenly with the sweetened condensed milk, candied pineapple, white chocolate pieces, coconut and macadamia nuts, press firmly into cookie dough. Bake 18-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool in pan, cut into bars.
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
I love the tropical flavors. We make a Piña Colada biscotti — this reminds me of it.
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way recently posted…Rustic Italian Vegetable Beef Stew Hearty Comfort Food
Judith Hanneman says
Next time I’m trying them with dehydrated pineapple!
I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS COOKIE DOUGH HERE IN N Z
Judith Hanneman says
You can use homemade sugar cookie dough Angela.