As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Slow Cooker Stuffed Beef Rolls|
These beef rolls cook conveniently in your crock pot. Made with cube steak, they’re an easy meal and an American version of rouladen.
Not long ago, I bought a huge package of cube steaks the store reduced. Decided to take advantage of this and froze them for later use.
I started my slow cooker journey sometime last year with the promise to use it more often and to see all the things I could do with it (besides the usual). I’ve become a real fan of this appliance–late, but better late than never.
|Savory soft bread stuffing|
This recipe is what I classify as one of the “usuals” because to me it’s like a stew. However, it’s much better. I based it off the well-known German dish rouladen. Mine uses a soft bread stuffing and no pickles, but if you want to make it closer to the real deal, add about 1/4 cup of pickle relish to the stuffing.
The big deal here is, I’m giving away a crockpot to to launch the success of a new Facebook group I started. Crazy For Crockpots is the name and it’s a fun group with many people posting their favorite recipes and asking questions.
|Easy to make|
You’ll have your choice of size, up to a value of $60–now that’s the first prize. Second prize is a great slow cooker cookbook.
Contest is open to continental US residents only. Please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions within the Rafflecopter app for all the legal stuff. FYI this app often loads SLOWLY and there’s nothing I can do about it…it is run by Rafflecopter, not me. It’s annoying, but this is the best app for this purpose.
Good luck to all!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Beef Rolls
- 6 large beef round cube steaks*
- 2 cups thickly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- *Thin beef roundsteaks labeled for "bracciole" can be substituted
- **Equivalent of ready-made gravy may be substituted, but leave out the 1 1/4 cups water.
- Saute chopped onion, finely chopped mushrooms & carrots in the 1 tbs of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Combine bread crumbs, bacon, salt & pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sauteed vegetables, including the butter from the pan. Mix well.
- Place about 1/4 cup of stuffing on each cube steak and roll up from the narrow end, securing with a toothpick if desired. If there is stuffing left over, cover and set aside.
- Place beef rolls in slow cooker, cover and cook on HI 3-4 hrs, LOW 6-8 hours.
- If using the brown gravy mix, at the end of the cook time--or whenever beef rolls are done--remove rolls from slow cooker.
- Mix the brown gravy mix with the water in a small bowl or measuring cup, making sure there's no lumps. Turn the slow cooker to HI and add the thickly-sliced mushrooms and gravy/water mixture. Stir until thickened and replace the beef rolls in the cooker, cover and cook for 15 more minutes.
- If using ready-prepared gravy, simply pour it over the beef rolls, cover the crock pot, set it to HI and cook for 15 minutes or until gravy is heated.
- If there is reserved stuffing, reheat in a microwave on HI and serve beef rolls over the stuffing.
- Makes 6 beef rolls.
|Slow Cooker Stuffed Beef Rolls|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.