As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Peanut Butter & Cheese Dog Biscuits|
Peanut butter and cheese–2 of your dog’s favorite things in one biscuit.
Maybe I should call these “cat biscuits” as well since my kitten seemed to like them too! But then he eats anything the dog (or you) are eating!
I make my own since they’re much cheaper and at least I know what goes into my biscuits and don’t have to worry about my dog eating them.
|Fido’s favorite flavors!|
None of my dogs (or cat LOL) has problems with wheat, so I use whole wheat flour. If you don’t feed your pooch wheat, then substitute any other flour for the wheat. The key with it is just to get a dough you can roll.
Peanut Butter & Cheese Dog Biscuits
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- *Any flour will do (I wouldn't use white though) as long as you get a rollable dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with baker's parchment (you may need more sheets. I make medium biscuits and I use 1 1/2 large baking sheets)
- In a large bowl, combine corn meal, oats and warm water. Mix well.
- Add the egg and the peanut butter, stirring until well combined.
- Add the flour--just enough to get a workable dough. My batch used 2 cups of whole wheat.
- Roll out 1/4-inch thick and cut into desired shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges just begin to get brown. Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in there until the oven cools. This dehydrates them for better storage.
- Amount varies by size cut. I got about 30 with a "medium" bone-shaped cutter (about 3-inches wide)
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board The Midnight Baker on Pinterest.