|Peanut Butter & Cheese Dog Biscuits|
Peanut butter and cheese–2 of your dog’s favorite things in one biscuit.
I make my own since they’re much cheaper and at least I know what goes into my biscuits and don’t have to worry about my dog eating them.
|Fido’s favorite flavors!|
None of my dogs (or cat LOL) has problems with wheat, so I use whole wheat flour. If you don’t feed your pooch wheat, then substitute any other flour for the wheat. The key with it is just to get a dough you can roll.
- ¾ cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- *Any flour will do (I wouldn't use white though) as long as you get a rollable dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with baker's parchment (you may need more sheets. I make medium biscuits and I use 1½ large baking sheets)
- In a large bowl, combine corn meal, oats and warm water. Mix well.
- Add the egg and the peanut butter, stirring until well combined.
- Add the flour--just enough to get a workable dough. My batch used 2 cups of whole wheat.
- Roll out ¼-inch thick and cut into desired shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges just begin to get brown. Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in there until the oven cools. This dehydrates them for better storage.
- Amount varies by size cut. I got about 30 with a "medium" bone-shaped cutter (about 3-inches wide)
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum