As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Shrimp with Bok Choi|
Indescribably delicious and healthy too!
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to readers here that I’m into Asian cooking…so I was MORE than happy to test their FANTASTIC wok and come up with some dishes for them.
You can easily substitute chicken for the shrimp here and it would be just as good–and another dish too!
Shrimp with Bok Choy
- 1 lbs large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 large onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups bok choi sliced
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 1/2 cups rich chicken stock
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Mix thickener ingredients in a small glass; set aside.
- Heat wok/skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil and heat until oil shimmers. Add garlic, onion and bok choy and stir with non-metal utensil constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and when it begins to turn pink, add sauce ingredients, stir and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch and water again to blend. Add to the wok and stir constantly until mixture bubbles. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
- Serves 4