I can’t think of a better way to describe these yummy ranch oyster crackers.
You take one handful promising yourself that is all you will eat. Then you take another. And another. And another…
That’s how it goes with these. Again I am always amazed at something so easy and made with things you probably have on the shelf already, is just so darned GOOD.
Oyster crackers are perfectly sized for this recipe. However, any “mini” crackers would probably work well. Maybe even regular (unsalted tops due to the seasoning) saltines would suffice. They’d probably break apart, but with this it would hardly matter.
Easy To Make
You only need 5 minutes or less to prep this awesome snack.
It has ingredients most of us already have in our pantries. The only thing you may not have is lemon pepper seasoning–and that’s an optional ingredient anyway. I do encourage you to use it because it imparts a very pleasant “bite” to the flavor. I also recommend an unsalted variety if you plan to buy some because the commercial ranch seasoning is pretty salty. If you’re watching your salt intake or prefer to control the seasoning in your foods, you might like my recipe for low-sodium ranch seasoning because you can completely control the salt.
All you do is mix all the coating ingredients in a bowl then toss the crackers. Now that’s pretty easy!
One of the best things about these ranch oyster crackers is there’s not much to clean up after you’ve made them.
If you use my tip about using parchment on the baking sheet, you won’t have to clean it. All you’ll have is a bowl and a couple of measuring utensils!
- 5 cups oyster crackers
- 1 envelope (1 oz) dry ranch dressing/seasoning mix
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning (optional but very nice)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix all coating ingredients in a large bowl. Add the oyster crackers and toss until all of them are coated.
- Spread crackers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes; gently stir the crackers. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.