As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Try this 3-ingredient meatloaf when you’re pressed for time. It’s also a novel way to use some Thanksgiving leftovers.
Meatloaf In A Jiffy
Making real food on busy days can be very challenging. And around the holidays, this is a necessity since we have little time to begin with.
What’s even better is that this meatloaf can make use of a leftover you may have after Thanksgiving. So rather than let that go to waste, give it some new life as a different dish! I give you the 3-ingredient meatloaf.
Of course you can add whatever your favorite meatloaf add-ins are to this, but the basic recipe for the meatloaf itself is merely three ingredients.
The best thing is there are a variety of ways you can cook this. Use a slow cooker and let it cook for 5-6 hours and your air fryer works well here too–same temperature for about 30 minutes. If you use either of these methods, please bear in mind the times are approximate as individual appliances vary.
Yes, stuffing. Do you have any left from Thanksgiving? If you do you’ll be glad to know that you can recycle that bread-based stuffing as the breadcrumbs in a meatloaf. This also works if you have any stuffing mix in it’s pristine state such as those bags of the basic bread mix or the stuff you make on the stovetop.
Using stuffing also replaces herbs and spices you’d ordinarily add to your meatloaf. Stuffing mix is highly flavored so it imparts a good taste to the basic mixture. And if you’re using leftover from Thanksgiving and it contains sausage, that’s even more flavorful.
Glaze Or Not
This 3-ingredient meatloaf is excellent when you use the glaze. But if you’re in a rush, it’s not necessary to do so.
The glaze is simple–just brown sugar and ketchup. However you can liven that up a bit with hints of garlic, some herbs or even a bit of hot sauce if everyone likes it.
You can apply the glaze during the last 10 minutes of cooking or do it at the end if you want the meatloaf a bit more “done.” The latter is what I do when I make this.
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups prepared dry stuffing mix see NOTES
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick foil.
- Place stuffing mix in a large bowl and dampen it with 2-3 tablespoons of water; toss.
- Mix in the meat and the eggs. Place meat mixture on the prepared sheet and shape into a loaf.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160F/80C
- If using glaze, mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and brush over top of meatloaf and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until glaze is bubbly.