As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Update: I’m disabling comments on this post reason being I’ve had numerous come through moderation from stern lectures (sorry I don’t need those) on canine nutrition all the way to raving dietary LUNATICS and I have no time for this and I’m not publishing baseless rants. My dogs eat grain and have not got a problem with it. If you don’t feel comfortable giving your dog wheat/grain products, just don’t make the biscuits or substitute something grain-free. It’s that easy, trust me.
Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- additional water to make a workable dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the water. Dough will be crumbly. Add just enough water so the dough becomes elastic and pliable.
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead a few times. Roll dough out to about 1/2-inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, the top of a smaller glass or even a pastry cutter, cut into desired shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the biscuits sit in the oven until oven cools.
- Remove biscuits to a rack to dry overnight. Makes about 20 biscuits (I used a medium bone cutter, approx 3-inches long)