As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Cheeseburger Dog Biscuits|
Homemade dog biscuits are so easy, it doesn’t pay to buy them from the store! Better for your pooch too since it’s your own wholesome ingredients!
I can make dog biscuits in my sleep!
I’ve been doing it for close to 10 years now. Ever since that scare where our beloved furbabies were being poisoned.
|Dogs love them!|
At that time, I had 4 dogs–3 German Shepherds and one beanbag of dubious origin–and besides poison dog treats, store-bought was expensive with my large canine family. So I started making my own.
My guys loved them. If they were offered store bought after eating mine for a while, they’d turn their noses up at the commercial ones.
I use whole wheat flour, but any flour will do as long as the dough has a rollable consistency.
Cheeseburger Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup yellow or white corn meal
- 1 cube beef stock try to use a real meat one stock cube, crumbled
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment (you may need additional pans depending on size cut).
- Mix oats, cornmeal and stock cube in a large bowl. Add the warm water; stir. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes so the oats soften (water does not have to be entirely absorbed, but oats must be soft).
- Stir in the flour and the shredded cheese. Add only enough additional water to make a rollable dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shape. I use a "medium" dog bone biscuit cutter that is approximately 3-inches long. I got roughly 30 biscuits and needed 2 baking sheets).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven and let the biscuits sit in the oven until the oven completely cools. This dehydrates the biscuits for better storage.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board ☆☆Super Bowl Parties☆☆ on Pinterest.