As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Cheeseburger Dog Biscuits|
Homemade dog biscuits are so easy, it doesn’t pay to buy them from the store! Better for your pooch too since it’s your own wholesome ingredients!
I’ve been doing it for close to 10 years now. Ever since that scare where our beloved furbabies were being poisoned.
|Dogs love them!|
At that time, I had 4 dogs–3 German Shepherds and one beanbag of dubious origin–and besides poison dog treats, store-bought was expensive with my large canine family. So I started making my own.
My guys loved them. If they were offered store bought after eating mine for a while, they’d turn their noses up at the commercial ones.
I use whole wheat flour, but any flour will do as long as the dough has a rollable consistency.
Cheeseburger Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup yellow or white corn meal
- 1 beef try to use a real meat one stock cube, crumbled
- 1/2 cup very warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment (you may need additional pans depending on size cut).
- Mix oats, cornmeal and stock cube in a large bowl. Add the warm water; stir. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes so the oats soften (water does not have to be entirely absorbed, but oats must be soft).
- Stir in the flour and the shredded cheese. Add only enough additional water to make a rollable dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shape. I use a "medium" dog bone biscuit cutter that is approximately 3-inches long. I got roughly 30 biscuits and needed 2 baking sheets).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven and let the biscuits sit in the oven until the oven completely cools. This dehydrates the biscuits for better storage.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.