As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These chicken dog biscuits are so easy to make, you’ll never buy store-bought again!
I’ve made my own dog biscuits for over 10 years now.
It started with the pet treat scare out of China all those years ago. When I make my own, at least I know what they are eating and won’t be poisoned!!
Dog biscuits are really very easy to make. They only key to it is getting a dough you can roll. That’s about it!
The original recipe for these treats I found on Pinterest. The site caters to dogs with allergies–so if your pooch does have allergies, you might want to check out the other treats they have recipes for there. My dogs are fortunate enough not to have any sensitivities, so I will use whole wheat flour as the base. However, any type of flour–except our white–can be used. The original used rice flour.
You may have to add a few extra drops of the chicken stock/broth to get the rollable consistency. Luckily, baking dog biscuits isn’t the exact science like it is for cakes.
A quick and easy way to cut them is to use a pizza cutter and cut to the size you want. I got the fancy shape from these dog biscuit cutters if you’d like to be fancy or give some as a gift to your dog loving friends.
This is a good recipe for making smaller batches so your pooch always has fresh!
3-Ingredient Chicken Dog Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup flour not white, but any other kind you want. I used whole wheat
- 3 tbs oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth/stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. You may have to add a bit more stock to get a rollable consistency.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface and roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- To dry out the biscuits for longer shelf life, turn off the oven but don't remove the sheet of biscuits. Keep them in there until the oven completely cools.
- I got 1 dozen medium (3-inch length) yield.