As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
No-bake strawberry cream dessert is another perfect summer dessert.
Easy Strawberry Dessert
This no-bake strawberry cream dessert is pretty easy the way I make it, but it can be even easier!
Since I prefer the taste of real whipped cream, I tend to use that in most things that call for whipped topping. Don’t get me wrong, I use whipped topping an awful lot because it’s so darn convenient and it holds up under most circumstances. But since I discovered how to stabilize whipped cream without adding any other flavors, I now take the time to make it.
But don’t let that stop you from choosing convenience! It’s just a personal taste of mine.
Strawberries are in season now and there’s good sales on them.
The funny thing is this dessert doesn’t call for fresh; it calls for the frozen sliced and sweetened ones.
What I did was used fresh since they were on sale. I added sugar to them and let them stand for a while which results in them marinating in their own juice. This is maceration. It can be done with liquor, juice or sugar. What you’re buying in the supermarket freezer are macerated strawberries–the frozen, sliced, sweetened ones.
The sauce is as easy as you can get. All you have to do is break out your food processor or your blender. You are just pureeing the strawberries, but the flavor is lovely.
As an aside, one of the photos in this post I debated about including–the one with the sauce on top. I was kinda…well..about it until I looked at it and it appeared that I drizzled Godzilla on the top of the piece!!! I’m sure the kiddos would get a kick out of that if you tried to duplicate it. Heck, I’m as old as the hills but it still brought a smile to my face.
No-Bake Strawberry Cream Dessert
- 2 cups sliced sweetened strawberries drained
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbs of confectioner's sugar divided
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbs powdered gelatin dessert mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup sweetened strawberries
- Mix crust ingredients in a small bowl and press into a 13 x 9-inch pan (in EU & UK the best match is a 3L oblong pan). Place in the fridge while making the filling
- Dissolve the gelatin mix in 1/2 cup boiling water; set aside to cool to room temp
- Whip 1 1/2 cups of the cream, cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar until peaks form. Beat in the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spread filling on top of the crust.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 tbs confectioner's sugar until peaks form. Spread over the strawberry layer and chill at least 4 hours.
- To prepare sauce, place strawberries in a food processor and process until it's smooth.