As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A no-bake lime cheesecake that’s easy to make and divine to eat.
Do You Love Lime?
Then you are going to love this no-bake lime cheesecake!
It’s very easy to make and with things you might have on hand–if you’re a lover of lime flavored gelatin dessert then you have at least one of the ingredients.
I happened to have this on hand for the weirdest reason. My brother-in-law in England loves the stuff, meaning the American variety. So when my nephew visited a couple of years ago he bought a bunch of our gelatin mixes for his dad, but one of the lime ones was left behind. I am not into “jello” for dessert so it just went into the cupboard.
I always have this on hand–at least two large packages. However, I understand that there was a great cream cheese shortage over the holidays and it still may be hard to get in some locations. Last time I went to shop right after the New Year, my store had it on hand. If yours doesn’t just yet, then just save the recipe and make it when you can get it.
One caveat with the cream cheese is to use either the regular kind or Neufchatel, which is also known as “light” or “lower-fat” cream cheese. As an aside, it’s a cheese variety in itself and very close to cream cheese. Under no circumstances use a fat-free variety. It just won’t work out–and that’s something I know from experience. And it doesn’t work in baked nor no-bake cheesecakes.
Pretty much any cookie will do here. Sandwich ones work the best. I used some leftover lemon sandwich cookies and that worked very nicely giving a delicious lemon-lime accent to the cheesecake.
If you don’t have sandwich cookies, then good ole graham crackers will do very nicely. Coconut would be good too for a tropical flair.
No-Bake Lime Cheesecake
- 15 oz lemon sandwich cookies
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 1 tbs sugar
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small box lime gelatin size that serves 4
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's icing sugar
- 1 sliced lime
- Whipped cream if desired
- Pulse the lemon cookies in food processor, until crushed. Add melted butter and sugar. Pulse to mix. Press the crushed cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and and partway up the sides. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until crust is firm.
- Beat cream cheese, lime juice and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water to gelatin and stir to dissolve, then set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Take care not to go to far, to a butter stage.
- Once gelatin has cooled and begun to thicken, fold it into the whipped cream and mix gently.
- Then, fold in the cream cheese mixture until evenly blended. Fill crust with the cheesecake mixture, spreading to even out if necessary. Top with lime slices and additional whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.