As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Lindsay Olive Mexican French Bread Pizza|
There’s nothing I enjoy more than entertaining friends and neighbors, especially around the winter holidays!
I try to plan the food I serve around treasured holiday recipes and Christmas recipes. This Mexican French Bread Pizza is one of my go-to appetizer recipes. It’s rich and cheesy, packed with black and green olives and flavored with Mexican-style spices. If you like a little heat, there’s some jalapenos in it too. Feel free to use more if you like it a little more “zesty.”
This is just a wonderful snack for a tree trimming party or as an appetizer for a Christmas Eve cocktail party get-together.
So when I found out that my local Price Chopper Supermarket had a good deal on Lindsay® Olives this week with the AdvantEdge card, I decided to stock up when I was shopping for the week. I opted for convenience here by purchasing the pre-sliced variety, and I also liked that they come in a resealable container.
|Lindsay Olives Displayed At Price Chopper Supermarkets|
|Some Ingredients For Lindsay Olive Mexican French Bread Pizza|
|French Bread Pizza Ready For Baking|
|Sliced And Ready To Serve|
Mexican French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 6 tbsp butter very soft
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sliced Black Olives
- 1/2 cup Manzanilla Olives
- 1/2-1 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp canned diced jalapenos
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Slice green Manzanilla olives crosswise into approximately 1/8-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Spread desired amount of topping mixture over top of each half of bread.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and just beginning to brown.
- This may either be served as a main or appetizer. If serving as a main, cut each half of finished bread in half crosswise. If serving as an appetizer, cut each baked half loaf into 2-inch slices.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
- Serves 4 as a main course, and about 8 as an appetizer.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow Price Chopper Supermarkets Holiday Recipes & Inspirations on Pinterest
Sarah Bouvier says
My husband is drooling, looking at this over my shoulder!! I know what I'll be making for "Mexican Monday" next week haha
Judith Hanneman says
Finished up what was left of the topping on the leftover bread last night. You will LOVE this!!!
Kristin Wheeler says
YUM! That looks great! And even for a holiday party cut into pieces to serve as an appetizer! #client
Judith Hanneman says
Thanks Kristin! The Merriest of Christmases to you & your family!