As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Lindsay Olive Mexican French Bread Pizza|
There’s nothing I enjoy more than entertaining friends and neighbors, especially around the winter holidays!
I try to plan the food I serve around treasured holiday recipes and Christmas recipes. This Mexican French Bread Pizza is one of my go-to appetizer recipes. It’s rich and cheesy, packed with black and green olives and flavored with Mexican-style spices. If you like a little heat, there’s some jalapenos in it too. Feel free to use more if you like it a little more “zesty.”
This is just a wonderful snack for a tree trimming party or as an appetizer for a Christmas Eve cocktail party get-together.
So when I found out that my local Price Chopper Supermarket had a good deal on Lindsay® Olives this week with the AdvantEdge card, I decided to stock up when I was shopping for the week. I opted for convenience here by purchasing the pre-sliced variety, and I also liked that they come in a resealable container.
|Lindsay Olives Displayed At Price Chopper Supermarkets|
|Some Ingredients For Lindsay Olive Mexican French Bread Pizza|
|French Bread Pizza Ready For Baking|
|Sliced And Ready To Serve|
Entertaining With Flair: Lindsay® Olive Mexican French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf bakery French or Italian bread
- 6 tbs very soft butter
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Pitted Sliced Black Olives
- 1/2 cup Lindsay® Manzanilla Olives
- 1/2-1 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tbs canned diced jalapenos
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Slice green Manzanilla olives crosswise into approximately 1/8-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Spread desired amount of topping mixture over top of each half of bread.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and just beginning to brown.
- This may either be served as a main or appetizer. If serving as a main, cut each half of finished bread in half crosswise. If serving as an appetizer, cut each baked half loaf into 2-inch slices.
- Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
- Serves 4 as a main course, and about 8 as an appetizer.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.