As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamburger Parmesan is just like a casserole of pizza burgers!
This is one of those cases where I should have thought of this sooner. However, I’m sure the idea is not original and I must’ve seen it somewhere before so no credit whatsoever is taken for this.
This hamburger Parmesan is one of those meals where there’s little work involved. Since the only “work” would be if you wanted the ground beef patties to have a bit more oomph than just plain shaped burgers. Of course that’s ok too and if you happen to have any pre-made burgers in the freezer. Then there’s essentially no work to this.
Whatever way you look at it, this is a meal meant for when you’re hungry but don’t want to cook. The surprise is it’s delicious and comforting.
As I said before, plain beef patties will do just nicely if you’re not inclined to dress this casserole up much or just lack the time.
However, I went that extra step here to make the meat a bit more flavorful–mainly I had the time. I just think it improves the taste tremendously and suggest that if time permits, you take that extra step too. In fact, the meat mixture can be prepared ahead and kept in the fridge.
What makes this hamburger Parmesan so quick and easy is the store-bought sauce. This is another ingredient where I have at least one jar in the pantry. Usually it’s a premium brand that’s more than just the traditional marinara or meat sauce.
If you use a variety that’s got veggies or is chunky, that will improve the taste as well. Same thing goes for any meat or cheese-flavored sauces.
In the event that you only have marinara or a plain standard jar of sauce, it can be dressed up too with more onion, mushrooms or anything you’d put in your own sauce.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tbs dehydrated
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 28 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup regular plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Lightly spray a large baking dish (3-4Q/L) with non-stick spray.
- Mix the ground beef, fresh breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, basil, oregano, onion, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Combine well. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge patties in the regular dry breadcrumbs (I find this step stops a lot of shrinkage).
- Brown patties on both sides then place in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the patties. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and spread the shredded cheese over the patties. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes--until cheese is melted.
You have all these recipes and no way to get them
Judith Hanneman says
You can print them off with the button up at the top or you can create a recipe box on the site if you don’t want to print them.
Looking forward to try this. Thanks