|Ground Beef & Pasta with Gravy|
A quickie beef and pasta dinner that tastes like roast beef!
Anyway, I figured it was time to use some of it.
|Tastes like roast beef|
I’d had a hanker on for roast beef lately, but cooking a big roast is just out of the question for me for several reasons, one being it’s summer and I try not to use the oven.
To me, adding brown gravy to ground beef sort of tastes like roast beef. Of course this lacks the necessary mashed potatoes–they heat the kitchen when boiling–so I substituted the tag end of some spiral pasta I had which cooks much quicker.
|Ready in no time|
The result was this dish and while it’s not a roast beef dinner, it’s pretty tasty! I garnished with chives from my garden, which tasted lovely, but they are optional here.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbs minced onion
- 8 oz (uncooked) spiral pasta (or shape of your choice)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of thyme -OR- ½ tsp roast beef seasoning
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 1½ cups water
- In a large skillet (12-inches preferably), brown ground beef; drain.
- Add mushrooms and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the uncooked pasta, the 3 cups water, thyme (or roast beef seasoning) and salt. Bring water to a rolling boil and cook for 10 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
- Mix the gravy mix and 1½ cups water in a small bowl, mixing water in gradually so there are no lumps.
- Pour the gravy mixture into the pan and stir until thickened. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum