Your family will love this tasty garlic parsley chicken and so will you when you see how easy it is!
Garlic Parsley Chicken: Complete Meal In One Pan
When you’re really pressed for time, this garlic parsley chicken is like the answer to a prayer!
It’s got everything you need for a complete meal just as it is, but you can also add things like more veggies and rice or pasta. My suggestions for additional vegetables would be whole or Italian-style green beans. This recipe has a very Italian flair in my opinion due to the garlic and tomatoes. Therefore, I think that addition would be perfect!
Make It Even Quicker
I got the idea for this excellent recipe from Danielle who runs Hugs & Cookies XOXO. She makes the most spectacular desserts you’ve ever seen so I highly recommend visiting her site first if you want a dessert that will impress. Her site is also a good resource for quick and easy dinners. Being a busy teacher with young children she needs to get a great meal on the table in little time. This meal was one of them. It was the garlic that caught my eye because I love the stuff.
The original recipe called for thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast. If you use those, you will eliminate the pounding necessary to get them thin enough to cook quickly. I had the “regular” breast because they are on sale a lot more often than the thin ones are. So, I pounded them down and also cut them into serving-sized pieces. Lately, these chicken breast they’ve been selling are so huge they’d feed two people!!! You could also use chicken breast tenders if you have them on hand.
OK I admit I love the stuff and Danielle’s recipe called for 8 cloves–and I used them. However, if you are not as passionate as we are about garlic, I’ll provide a range that goes from whisper to bold.
Watch The Video
Garlic Parsley Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5-8 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock see NOTES
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place flour in a plastic bag and add the chicken, tossing the bag to coat the chicken.
- Heat 2 tbs oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken to the pan and brown well on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs of oil to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and let them sear, stirring constantly. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock then add the garlic, parsley, tomato, cheese and butter. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and heat through. Serve immediately.
*Adapted from Hugs & Cookies XOXOYum