As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Game Day Wings|
Just in time for Super Bowl parties!
These zippy wings are first marinated in a lemon juice mixture overnight, then baked and glazed to perfection with a horseradish/Russian dressing sauce infused with bacon. Now, what can be better?
|Best Wings EVER!!|
The amount of horseradish you put in is up to you–if you like it really notched up, then add more, if you prefer less zing, then use less! I make my sauce relatively “medium,” so my advice is unless you like it piquant, start out with LESS horseradish than I use; you can always add more. Half of the sauce is used to baste, the other half for dipping.
For extra crunch, you can put the wings under the broiler for a few minutes if you wish.
Game Day Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings disjointed & wing tip removed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz Russian dressing
- 1/4 cup white horseradish not the one with beet juice
- 6 strips of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled finely
- Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place wings in a 2-gallon (the largest size) zipper-seal bag. Pour marinade over wings, seal bag and invert bag a few times to coat wings. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare basting sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Reserve 1/2 of this sauce for dipping.
- Line 2 large baking sheets (such as jelly roll pans) with foil. Place a rack on the baking sheet and arrange wings in a single layer on rack. If you have a Misto, you can spray lightly with oil at this time if you wish.
- Bake wings for 45-50 minutes or until almost done and just beginning to brown. Baste wings well with the basting sauce. Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until nicely browned and glaze is caramelized. If you wish additional browning, place under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with reserved sauce and some arugula and scallions.