As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Another fall treat! Combines two of autumn’s best-loved ingredients.
I used some cider in here, merely because I had it. You can also use apple juice or water.
|Easy to make!
Again, just as I said for the Easy Apple Cider Donuts, don’t make yourself crazy trying to shape. Drop them by tablespoonfulls into the hot oil, or use a drop cookie scoop.
They’re quick and easy and a delicious fall treat!
Easy Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 cups baking mix i.e. Bisquick or Jiffy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8-1/4 tsp mace start with 1/8 tsp–mace is STRONG
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple cider apple juice or water
- oil for deep frying
For Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix the baking mix, flour, sugar and the spices.
- Add enough oil in a deep skillet or dutch oven (I use a wok for deep frying–try it 🙂 ) so the oil is about 2-3 inches deep. Heat oil over medium-high heat to 350-375 degrees F.
- Add beaten egg and the cider. Mix well and let sit until oil comes up to temp.
- Drop dough by scant tablespoonfuls into hot oil. DO NOT CROWD PAN–LEAVE PLENTY OF ROOM!! Fry until golden brown on one side, flip and fry that side till golden brown. This should be about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bag or in a medium bowl. While donuts are still very warm to the touch, shake or roll them in cinnamon sugar. Plate and serve.