As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s time for football and tailgating again, and that means it’s time for snacking too. These crispy baked Parmesan ravioli will be a real crowd pleaser and they’re easy to make too.
Perfect For Tailgating
When I first saw these ravioli on Kleinworth Co, I knew immediately this was something I just had to make.
And since we’re getting into football season again as well as tailgating parties, I can’t think of a more perfect food to compliment those occasions than this ravioli.
They stay perfectly crisp so they will transport well–something you have to be mindful of with tailgating. I paired this with my quick chunky tomato sauce which not only is delicious in itself, but it’s a good keeper because it contains no meat or anything that requires refrigeration. The acidity of the tomatoes keeps it from spoiling too.
Gina really had a great idea when she came up with this.
My idea of ravioli was boiled or steamed with some kind of pasta sauce. I have to say, I love this way of making ravioli!
Another benefit to these is there is no added fat and they are baked.
Most folks, including myself, can get behind something that’s healthier and tastes good too.
Sauce Is Your Choice
Since the sauce is the thing that pulls this dish together, I recommend using your own sauce or a high-quality ready-made pasta sauce.
For these I used my Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce. I felt that the chunkiness of the sauce added more “chew” factor to the ravioli.
Crispy Baked Parmesan Ravioli
- 9-12 oz package fresh ravioli, any filling you like
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley the dry kind not fresh
- salt & pepper to taste optional as the crumbs are seasoned & cheese is salty
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Cooking spray preferably olive oil variety
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment then spray liberally with the cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese. Place on a plate.
- Whisk eggs with water in a small bowl.
- Place about 4 raviolis in the egg mixture and coat both sides. Let excess egg drip back into the bowl and coat with the bread crumbs. Place on prepared sheet
- Spray the tops of the raviolis with more cooking spray then sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and the ravioli are crispy.
- Serve with quick chunky tomato sauce.
*Adapted from Kleinworth Co